Monday, February 16, 2009

What about my Valentine's day?

“Happy Valentine” is happy words to hear. There is something I know after I came to America. It is difference of Valentine between Korea and America. In Valentine Day, woman gives chocolate to man in Korea. However, most of men give chocolate to woman in America. And we have “White Day” every March 14. It it the day when men who receive chocolate from woman give candy to her. Also we have “Black Day” every February 14. It is the day when people who do not receive chocolate or candy from the other person eat black noodle together. They console each other. It is kind of funny things. When I was young, I used to give and take some chocolate with my friend. In the day before Valentine Day, my friends and me got together and gift-wrap chocolate. We were very happy to do that. It was just kind of friendship not love. As I am getting older, I sometimes think that I want to give some present for my love and I also receive some chocolate from my love. I have seen many case of propose in Valentine Day. Women who like someone usually propose to him with hand made chocolate in Korea. However, I did never do that. I hope I will be with someone next Valentine Day.

1 comment:

Anna said...

They eat black noodles together?! That's too depressing...